This natural drink is perfect to satisfy your thirst while providing a delicious taste of freshness plus my mom used to say it helped to cleanse your urinary tract! Try it today!
Agua de Jamaica is a very traditional drink. You can find it at every Mexican restaurant ever along with agua de horchata and tamarind.
Most drinks (agua frescas) are made with fruit and so this one is kind of like an iced tea of sorts which makes it totally okay to have on keto. A study found that it might help lower blood pressure (here’s the study) but I haven’t had much experience with that but for bladder infections, I can tell you without a doubt in my mind this will help you in a few minutes even. Try it!
Place dried flowers in a bowl
- Calories 2.4
- Carbs 0.5
- 1 cup dried hibiscus flowers
- 1 cup hot water
- 3 cups cold water
- 1/2 cup of Truvia or any other zero calorie sweetener of choice
- Place dried flowers in a bowl
- Add a cup of boiling hot water
- Let it rest for at least two hours. Overnight is best
- Strain the flowers and throw them away. Add half a cup of sweetener to a pitcher and mix in the three cups of water.
- Add some ice and enjoy.